Columbia Sportswear Company prAna Software Applications Engineer – Temporary Position Through June 2019 in Carlsbad, California
prAna Software Applications Engineer – Temporary Position Through June 2019
United States, California, Carlsbad
100005TV Requisition #
Oct 18, 2018 Post Date
Thetemporary Software Applications Engineer position will end approximately June 2019. Weare seeking a talented and experienced applications engineer with creative problem-solvingcapabilities to join our team. You will collaborate with our engineeringdepartment to develop new applications and improve upon existing ones that willserve our clients and business well. Must be able to objectively analyzeapplication performance and effectively implement necessary changes.
This position is one of several based in the Informationtechnology department. Incumbent is responsible for operational execution andwill participate in design, vendor evaluation, implementation, and managementof multiple projects. This position will span many roles including systems integration,database administration and database development and operational support. Thisposition requires excellent technical and communication skills.
This position will focus on system integrations andsupport. Examples include:
- Integrate with email service provider includingdata feed generation and API calls
- Digital asset manager integration includingautomation of asset transfer and metadata
- Integrate with ecommerce hub for datatransformation, import/export and automation
- Integrate and modify third-party vendors to ourdata warehouse using data feeds and API methods
- Troubleshoot and support existing integrations
Thisposition has frequent interaction with many areas within and beyond prAna,necessitating excellent communication and relationship-building skills. Thisposition has deep working relationships with the following constituencies:
- IT Director
- Systems Engineer
- Senior Systems & Reporting Manager
- Systems & Reporting Analyst
- Web Development Project Manager
1) Systems Integrations
- Develop integration strategies for newsystems.
- Integrate large and small-scale systems withexisting systems. Examples would includeproduct and digital management platforms, email service providers, and variousecommerce SaaS vendor platforms.
- Documentation of complex concepts such assecurity models and technical decisions.
- Ensure compliance with and oversee developmentand execution of testing strategies, test plans, and test procedures tovalidate that the system correctly implements the specifications.
- Coordinate the transition betweenspecification and implementation.
- Experience in AWS Lambda programming and S3storage.
- Experience in ETL using SQL Server IntegrationServices (SSIS).
- Experience in performance tuning especiallytuning complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and indexing strategies.
- Work with business users to establishreporting and analytic requirements.
- Impact analysis for organization changemanagement support.
Perform other duties asassigned.
Education and ExperienceRequirements:
- Bachelor’s in computer engineering, computerscience, or related field
- 5+ years of enterprise applications systemadministration/development experience
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server databases
- Strong experience in AWS serverless computing
- Experience with SOAP and REST API development
- Experience with writing and tuning complex SQLqueries, views, indexes, stored procedures and functions
- Experience in researching and resolving dataprocess issues
- Experience with developing ETL processes
- Experience working with geographically diverseteam and coordinating with developers at diverse locations
- Experience with Agile SDLC methodology
Technical Skillsand Experience:
- 24x7 support experience
- SQL Server, advanced stored procedures and SSISpackage development
- Must possess performance tuning skills anddynamic SQL skills
- Must possess expert troubleshooting skills
- Application programming experience in .NET,Node.js and PHP
- Demonstrated knowledge in XML and web services
- Git versioning tools preferred
- JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Unix Shell Scripting a plus
- Strong written, verbal, and graphicalcommunications skills with the ability to express complex technical conceptseffectively
- Ability to work well with people from differentdisciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to work both independently and withminimal guidance, as well as with a team
- Occasional domestic travel to CSC when necessary
Employeemust be able to perform essential functions of position with or withoutreasonable accommodations
**Please note: All candidates will be subject to a post-offer background check which may include, depending on position requirements, criminal history, credit history, driving record, employment verification, education and reference check.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age