Columbia Sportswear Company Part Time Seasonal Sales Associate - Ontario Mills in Ontario, California
Part Time Seasonal Sales Associate - Ontario Mills
United States, California, Ontario
1000069E Requisition #
Dec 24, 2018 Post Date
Come join our passionate Columbia Sportswear Company family for the holiday season to earn some extra cash! Our mission is Connecting Active People With Their Passions and you will be our specialist by selling our award winning apparel and footwear. Even better, as a perk of the role you are eligible for our generous employee discounts on our family of brands.
We are searching for friendly, customer service oriented people who have a High School Diploma or equivalent who are 18 years of age or older.
The position will be eligible for 10-20 hours a week during our peak season starting now through the end of January.
- Greet and engage customers in the store.
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to customer questions or issues regarding product features, benefits, availability.
- Utilize sales skills and excellent customer service to drive store sales.
- Perform all required cash register transactions, such as sales and exchanges, efficiently and accurately.
- Assist in receiving shipments and distributing to sales floor as directed.
- Maintain store standards for visual merchandising, cleanliness and safety.
- Assist in other store functions as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math and organizational skills required.
- Skills in operating a Point of Sales (POS) system are required
- Previous retail sales experience and/or experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high professional standard of behavior, courtesy, and respect.
- Demonstrate and maintain the ability to work in and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Requirements include the ability to use a telephone and computerized systems.
- Perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders.
- Stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day.
- Move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder, and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Availability to work retail store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
T his job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age