Columbia Sportswear Company Baler Operator I - Swing Shift in Portland, Oregon
Baler Operator I - Swing Shift
United States, Oregon, Portland
100005JH Requisition #
Oct 02, 2018 Post Date
The BalerOperator contributes to Columbia Sportswear Company’s largest DistributionCenter in North Portland’s Rivergate district by ensuringtimelyefficient cleaning and maintenance of the Distribution Center. Workingin our state-of-the-art distribution center provides excellent career andgrowth opportunities. We offer full medical, dental and vision benefits; 401kmatching; bonus opportunity; and deep discounts on Columbia Sportswear,Mountain Hardwear, SOREL and prAna products.
Swing Shift Hours: 2:50pm -11:20pm
- Sort andcompact corrugated.
- Safelyoperate and perform light maintenance on the facility’s corrugated baler andtrash compactor.
- Performlight maintenance support that may include replacing and adjusting lighting,controlling
buildingtemperature, storing, monitoring and transferring equipment, furniture andfixtures.
- Continuouslylift/carry up to 20 pounds and frequently lift/carry up to 40 pounds. Move and handle (no lifting) 100 pound boxesof baling wire.
- Maintainpositive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management,staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow ofinformation and efficient operation of the organization.
- Ability to cope in apotentially stressful work environment while maintaining professionalism in ateam based atmosphere.
- Attendanceand punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- High schooleducation or equivalent.
- Physicalability to use and safely operate maintenance and/or facilities equipment suchas baler, compactor, vacuum cleaners, hand and powered tools, ladders, andmove freely through the distribution center.
- Possess anaptitude for mechanics. Poses basicknowledge of plumbing and HVAC systems or have the ability to be trained inthese areas. Physical ability to climbstairs and ladders, sit and stand for extended periods of time. Ability toachieve and maintain certification to operate motorized material handlingequipment.Ability to read, speakand understand English.
Job Conditions :
Job mayrequire hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week tocomplete priority projects. Exposure toDistribution Center machinery/equipment such as conveyor belts, forklifts andloading docks. Exposure to chemicalsubstances and dust/pollen.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age