Columbia Sportswear Company Director of Product-Footwear in Portland, Oregon
Director of Product-Footwear
United States, Oregon, Portland
100005VO Requisition #
Nov 29, 2018 Post Date
TheDirector of Product Creation for Columbia Brand Footwear is responsible fordriving the future of the footwear category through market understanding,in-depth research, business savvy, and deep understanding of trail running andmultiple outdoor sports. They will serveas team leader over cross-functional product creation teams as they work on specificsections of the footwear product offering under your direction. Determine andidentify new product and merchandising needs, trends and opportunities for theColumbia Footwear Brand.
- Develop product category road map/strategy on a global level by conducting, analyzing and interpreting global market trends and consumer research.
- Create and implement category product line strategies which include line structuring, pricing, product flow, product segmentation and product differentiation.
- Act as category team leader and develop a collaborative working environment within the product creation teams across design, development, innovation and liaison office.
- Research, conceive, and create new product ideas and initiatives. This includes developing and managing these ideas through the product process from the conceptual stage, design creation, development, launch and market rollout.
- Develop and define seasonal product briefs in accordance with brand, department and category strategy.
- Ensure seamless interaction is established to deliver a product line that is designed, developed and manufactured to meet product requirements, market needs, margin goals and calendar timelines.
- Develop category strategy, designs, prototype concepts and product samples to key retailers, adoption meetings and internal stakeholders in order to develop and refine new product line offerings.
- Present category strategy and final product to global sales meeting attendees in order to drive seasonal initiatives and grow the footwear business. Required to present assigned category product lines to sales force and internal departments.
- Ensure that product timelines are met and that merchandising information is provided to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear leadership, merchandising staff, all other internal departments and outside suppliers in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Expert product line data organization and accuracy.
- Expert and robust analysis of global seasonal sell-in information.
- Ability to digest and utilize robust analytics of seasonal sell-through information.
- Possess a strong understanding of the footwear and outdoor industry of the consumer, retail environment and competitive marketplace.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the global footwear business related to the Columbia Brand.
- BA Degree in marketing or business administration
- Minimum of 10+years’ experience product line planning, product marketing, and an understanding of Footwear design and development within the outdoor industry or related consumer product industry business highly preferred.
- 5+ years of successful Footwear product line & Business Unit Management.
- Proven Brand & Product Marketing.
- Track record with innovative and technical footwear products.
- Proven ability to lead with market relevant insights to product introductions & product line extensions.
- Strong product sense and foresight preferable
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, competitors, and overall industry/culture influences.
- Valid Passport with ability to travel within the US and abroad approximately 30% of the time.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age