Columbia Sportswear Company Global Retail Development Manager in Portland, Oregon
Global Retail Development Manager
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000068A Requisition #
Dec 12, 2018 Post Date
This position reports to the Sr Dir of Brand Environments andworks directly with CSC’s Sales, In Store Marketing and Retail Merchandising& Operations to lead store design and fixture program design and developmentacross all CSC retail channels: Branded Stores, Outlet and Wholesale. This position works closely with RetailDevelopment, Retail Marketing and Visual Presentation to ensure all programexecutions are documented, communicated and installed on time and withinbudget.
Develops, leads and manages the execution of in-store fixtureand complete store design for Columbia Sportswear Company owned & partneredretail and wholesale channels by:
- Development and execution of global in-store fixtureprograms and store design
- New fixture design for owned, partner & retail andwholesale channels.
- Inventory management, reporting, costing, and distributionof all CSC retail fixture programs.
- Provide guidance/support to the ISM Managers for ISM integrationinto design process
- Responsible for the development, implementation andmanagement of global store design sell-in programs for Columbia SportswearCompany Retail
- Manages multiple budget GL codes and works with Accountingto process Domestic and International orders of in-store programs.
- Tracks budgets, schedules and reports ROI data on assignedprograms.
- Drives innovation and positive results and aligns withoverall company and department strategic plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, visual merchandising, or relatedfield –or- work experience equivalent to a degree.
- Minimum of 7 years’ store design and visual merchandising inprogressively responsible positions. Experience must also include 3- 5 years managing a broad variety offunctions with regional responsibilities.
- Strong retail design, 3D design, interior design skills andstrong understanding of visual merchandising
- Strong understanding of Columbia’s consumer and in-storeconsumer journey/retail behaviour
- Ability to manage and lead teams of people in local orremote locations.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communicationskills
- Conduct complex interpersonal interactions with people whoare in a position to affect sales of Columbia Sportswear products.
- Intermediate level of computer skills including spreadsheetand word processing applications, as well as strong understanding of Photoshopand other design programs.
- Ability to solve problems, make decisions independently,operate independently and with discretion and work efficiently underpressure.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on commercialtransportation.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age