Columbia Sportswear Company Manager, Supply Chain BI in Portland, Oregon
Manager, Supply Chain BI
United States, Oregon, Portland
100005KR Requisition #
Sep 11, 2018 Post Date
TheSupply Chain Technology group at Columbia Sportswear is seeking an outstandingindividual with a passion for leadership, innovation, data and analytics. Thisposition will work to deliver A+ analysis skills, game-changing creativity,expert know-how and respectful mentoring. You must be willing bring astrong understanding of business processes and how they are supported withdata, analytics and decision support software within the fashion/apparel andfootwear business across the Supply Chain for all channels (DTC/Wholesale).Thescope of Supply Chain will require a strong understanding of demand management,inventory planning, distribution, logistics and sales & operationsplanning. He/she will employ Business, Team Management and IT skills tobuild, develop, and deliver world-class solutions in a partnership approachwith Columbia Sportswear Supply Chain business partners.
This position manages alarge team focused on bringing the Supply Chain Analytics through to a worldclass analytics solution. Employ superior leadership skills to maintain anddevelop the team and cultivate a partnership approach with the ColumbiaSportswear business leadership across all these legacy systems.
- Provide effective communication andpartnership with Senior Leadership, Project Sponsors, and multiple SteeringCommittees.
- Manage and coordinate closely theprioritization and scope of all streams of work.
- Oversee integrated projectmanagement plans, manage deadlines and dependencies across concurrent approvedproject initiatives, and coordinate project team activities.
- Define and agree on deliverables andmilestones of approved projects and changes.
- Set and control scope of multipleapproved projects and support.
- Monitor change management and avertnegative consequences.
- Communicate status and vision toclient management and stakeholders.
- Project estimation skills andexperience, and the ability to then work with other resource managers toidentify appropriate resources and manage their integration into the team.
- Overall team management, includingregular evaluations of all staff.
- Management of business analysts,engineers, developers, and other technical resources with many resources beingcontract in nature.
- Ability to manage contracts withcompanies providing the resources for the projects.
- In-depth knowledge and understandingof current business processes and applications throughout the supply chain andthe data needed to support world class analytics and decision making.
- Create effective partnerships with other business and technologymanagers.
- Direct the teams to achieve goals withinavailable resources and budgets. Organize workloads and staff assignments; train and motivate staff;review progress and direct changes as needed.
- Work closely with all business partners toensure their satisfaction with support.
- Bachelor’sDegree required, MBA preferred.An equivalent combination of education and experience maybe considered.
- 8+years of progressively increasing Business Systems Analysis, ProjectManagement, and IS Leadership and Management experience in a complex globalenvironment
- Experienceleading multiple Business Analyst, Engineers, and Developers with most or allbeing filled with assigned contract resources.
- Strong understanding of demand management, inventory planning,distribution, logistics and sales & operations planning
- Knowledgeof Apparel and Footwear supply chain business processes sufficient to becredible and influential with senior management and vendors.
- Bea strong leader, manager and organizer; employ a participative style thatemphasizes team building; possess strong communication skills and the abilityto attract flexible associates who enthusiastically "partner" withothers as projects dictate.
- Beproactive, results-oriented, possess outstanding follow-up skills, possess astrong work ethic, a high sense of urgency, and have the drive necessary to besuccessful in a dynamic, high performance environment.
- Excellentorganizational and presentation skills and attention to detail required.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age