Columbia Sportswear Company SOREL Sr. Graphic Designer in Portland, Oregon
SOREL Sr. Graphic Designer
United States, Oregon, Portland
100006BJ Requisition #
Jan 10, 2019 Post Date
SORELis currently looking for a talented Sr. Designer to help develop industryleading creative solutions along with generating a clear and ground-breakingbrand image from sell-in to sell-thru. The Senior Designer is a key piece ofthe long-term SOREL brand and creative growth strategy. Reporting to the GlobalCreative Lead, this position will help strategize, concept, manage, art directand design a multitude of creative executions supporting overall branddevelopment and awareness. The Sr. Designer will also play a pivotal role inthe development of multi-channel advertising creative harnessing strongexternal and internal business relationships.
- Helpdrive and execute the creative for multiple concepts and categories acrossmultiple consumer touchpoints, from 2D to 3D to digital.
- Developconcepts and strategies that fulfill and align with overall brand objectives,concept and briefs.
- Collaboratewith cross-functional team members to ensure consumer and brand frequency.
- Communicateand present design concepts for client approval to internal and externalstakeholders.
- Ensureall creatives is aligned and communicates a consistent brand essence globally.
- Craftand design world class creative through seasonal style guides, print anddigital advertising communications, key account support, ecommercedigital-design, retail executions and all other brand enhancing creative thatreinforces and evolves overall business image.
- Collaboratewith project managers to ensure projects are on budget and on schedule
- Continuallyexploring and integrating emerging visual communication technology
- BA/ BS / BFA in design, advertising, fine are or another relevant field
- 8+years of work experience in an agency, in-house studio or fashion brand setting
- Passionand experience in the fashion industry is required
- Solideducation and advanced experience in the creative development of communicationtools
- Experienceworking on multi-channel, primarily digital, advertising campaign creative
- Abilityto art direct, lead and manage high level creative photoshoots from start tofinish
- Provenexperience with the entire design process (project scope and time planning,design steps, concept sell-in presentations, production/execution of designsolutions, pre-press processes and delivery of final product to the greaterbrand team and partners)
- Expertknowledge in creating informative and compelling style guides and visualcenters
- Helplead brainstorming / creative sessions to generate ideas
- Strongcopywriting and editing skills with the ability to develop headlines and shortcopy consistent with our brand voice and concepts
- Familiaritywith digital asset and management software
- Exemplaryinterpersonal and analytical abilities
- Expertknowledge in the Adobe CS with a heavy focus in In-Design and Photoshop
- Mustbe self-motivated, proactive, detail/solution oriented and a positive teamplayer in a fast-paced environment
- Relentlessdesire and expectation to innovate and execute world class design
- Strongoverall business acumen relating to marketing, wholesale and direct to consumer
- Portfoliodemonstrating a strong range of skills including unified campaigns that includephotography art direction, digital and print layout design
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age