Columbia Sportswear Company Sr. Sales Analyst - Global Distributors in Portland, Oregon
Sr. Sales Analyst - Global Distributors
United States, Oregon, Portland
1000063U Requisition #
Dec 21, 2018 Post Date
As part of the International Distributor team, the Sales Analyst will be responsible for wide-ranging reporting and analytics inclusive of weekly, monthly and seasonal business review reporting. This position will ensure all information and analytics are communicated for the successful achievement of business and sales plans. This position will engage the sales team, the distributors directly and proactively provide information to sales, product, and sales operations teams to support and drive strategic account planning; and internal support to the organization by means of reporting and analysis.
- Generate and provide Sell-Through summary reports to Internal Sales team within an agreed upon calendar cadence.
- Present sales analysis to leadership during bookings seasonally.
- Generate and provide Sell-In summary reporting, analytics and ad hoc requests to cross-functional management teams.
- Provide Regional Sales Managers constructive analysis with suggestions for improvements during seasonal pre-lines and booking timeframes to create sales driving assortments based on sell-through analytics and market trends.
- Work with Regional Sales Managers and planning team on current and future season forecasting. Identify opportunities and liabilities on product based on sales history, current stock position, and market trends to maximize production runs and internal gross margins.
- Monitor sales and stock trends; suggest reorders on fast sellers and suggest alternative measures on slow sellers. Communicate open bulk concerns based on sales trend, re-projections, and inventory position.
- Work closely with Regional Sales Managers and distributor’s buying/planning teams to identify top and bottom performing doors to ensure proper allocation of goods; collaborate to build regional/market store clusters to improve sales, margins and turnover.
- Develop relationships with distributors to understand their regions, business models, channels, and business structure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree specializingin finance, business, economics or equivalent and
- three to five years ofexperience in retail buying or retail planning, preferably with Internationalexperience and/or in a sporting goods or department store environment orsimilar experience with retail forecasting and sales analysis at the wholesalelevel.
- Strong computer proficiency inMS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access and Power Point) with preferred experiencein Power BI and MicroStrategy reporting applications.
- Possess advanced knowledge ofmerchandising, buying, product allocation, and retail sales analysis.
- Ideally have Internationalexperience and advanced knowledge of retail math and pricing strategies with anin-depth knowledge of open to buy and the financial planning process at theretail level.
- Possess knowledge of theoutdoor industry, sporting goods channel, department store channel, consumer’sbuying patterns and retail dynamics sufficient to be credible and influentialwith customers.
- Ability to read, write, andspeak English.
- Proficient in manipulating dataincluding statistical analysis and advanced math calculations. Excellentorganizational and presentation skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to conduct interpersonalinteractions with distributors and other company personnel. Ability to operate independently and followgeneral guidelines.
- Physical ability to usetelephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and standfor extended periods of time.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age