Columbia Sportswear Company Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Marketing in Portland, Oregon
Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Marketing
United States, Oregon, Portland
100005PQ Requisition #
Oct 03, 2018 Post Date
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist role operates as part of a growing and collaborative procurement team responsible for the execution of sourcing activities supporting the Marketing and Retail category. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for building effective business partnerships with an array of internal departments and management levels, creating value and delivering cost savings. The role acts as a liaison between the Strategic Procurement organization and assigned departments, regions or sites to build and grow relationships with budget owners and other business group personnel and to establish Procurement as a key business partner.
Partner with key business stakeholders to initiate, plan and manage sourcing activities across multiple spend categories from inception through contract execution.
- Guide cross-functional teams through definition of business requirements, sourcing strategy development, contract negotiation and vendor selection.
- Analyze historical spend to proactively identify sourcing and savings opportunities.
- Develop and manage RFx activities in coordination with business partners to drive measurable savings results.
Build strong knowledge within assigned categories and contribute to the development of category sourcing strategies.
Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management
Facilitate the contract review process, working closely with business unit managers, Legal, Risk, Accounting and IT to ensure proper review and capture of business and legal terms.
- Manage all related contract documentation and ensure timely upload to contract management system.
Facilitate ongoing supplier management activities, including business reviews, supplier scorecards and ongoing relationship management
Build strong working relationships with key business stakeholders in order to further extend the influence and value proposition of the Procurement organization.
- Drive best practices across groups and regions for assigned sourcing activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related discipline
- 3-5 years relevant experience in procurement, sourcing or similar supply chain role.
- Solid working knowledge of procurement best practices, processes and procedures
- Experience in marketing and/or retail procurement – agency, print, fixtures, fulfilment, services, etc.
- Ability to run sourcing projects focused on the acquisition of goods and services, negotiate pricing and related business terms
- Ability to logically think through and analyze work assignments and problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems and to perform mathematical analysis.
- Must be able to research and obtain information on a variety of products. Work effectively under job pressure due to deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Software application proficiency including Microsoft Office applications, procurement and contract management systems (Ariba preferred)
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age