Columbia Sportswear Company Mountain Hardwear e-Commerce Merchandiser in Richmond, California
Mountain Hardwear e-Commerce Merchandiser
United States, California, Richmond
100004RW Requisition #
Jun 18, 2018 Post Date
The e-Commerce Merchandiser provides merchandising support for the e-Commerce website.
- Assists with implementing product strategy and assortment to maximize sales and profitability of a given area.
- Partner with Merchandise Managers to help ensure execution of seasonal financial plans and merchandise strategies.
- Participate in defining and refining the online shopping experience, including site architecture, browsing and buying features, product views and details, product descriptions and other key ecommerce elements.
- Collaborate with Merchandise Managers on online merchandising efforts, such as product categorization, sequencing, cross sells, up sells, outfit configuration and featured products.
- Assists with the execution of merchandising and marketing strategies that will lead to meeting and exceeding sales and margin goals.
- Accountable for tracking merchandise division performance and recommend revisions to the Merchandise Managers to the merchandise plan/forecast based on sound analysis.
- Monitor and update forecasts due to sales trends, merchandise availability and other changes in the business.
- Actively participates in concept meetings and line reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Merchandising or applicable certification and/or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience where knowledge base is generally acquired from a college degree or equivalent course experience.
- Possess knowledge of merchandising, marketing and sales principles
- Market awareness of external retail trends.
- Understanding of retail math including intricacies of open to buy, inventory turnover and gross margin preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Established method of personal organization.
- Working knowledge of Excel including writing formulas.
- Experience in a wholesale apparel organization is preferred.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age